Tennessee Earthquake Mitigation & Resilience Workshop
July 7, 2022| Jackson, Tennessee
CUSEC, in partnership with the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency, is hosting an earthquake resilience workshop on July 7, 2022 in Jackson, Tennessee. The workshop will provide local government, emergency management, and other community stakeholders with an understanding of earthquakes hazards, associated risks, and planning and mitigation strategies to reduce potential impacts. During the workshop, participants will learn about:
- Earthquake hazards affecting Tennessee, frequency, and new research, including potential for damaging earthquakes;
- How damaging earthquakes may affect critical infrastructure and potential impacts to citizens and government;
- Identifying potentially vulnerable structures and critical infrastructure; and
- Resources and tools available to support earthquake planning, mitigation, and community resiliency.
The workshop will also include a facilitated table top exercise, which will provide participants with insights to potential earthquake impacts and consequences.
|Date & Time||July 7, 2022
9:00AM – 2:30PM (Lunch provided)
|Location||TEMA West Region
1510 Highway 70 Bypass
Jackson, TN 38302
|Agenda||Download the agenda|
|Registration||Click here to register for the workshop (Please register by July 1, 2022)|
Who should attend:
- Local government officials
- Emergency managers and first responders
- Community stakeholders (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Private Sector, American Red Cross, etc.)
- Others interested in community resilience and earthquake planning
- Central U.S. Earthquake Consortium
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Region IV
- Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
This workshop is funded through a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program.